I hope you all have a safe and relaxing time during your vacation this summer. It’s crucial that we all have time to recharge and recognize what’s important in life. We only go around once, so it’s important to savor what we have.
Before you leave town, I thought you might be interested in a few precautionary safety tips to keep your home and your possessions safe while you’re gone. Often in the run-up to a vacation, people neglect to take simple steps to protect themselves from becoming a victim of theft or vandalism.
You’ve probably covered your bases, but just in case, here are 10 basic precautions you can take:
- Have someone collect your mail and newspaper daily.
- Leave shades and blinds in normal positions.
- Put at least two lights and a radio on automatic timers.
- Have someone leave trash at your curb on garbage collection day.
- Have someone park a car in your driveway occasionally. If you leave your car outside, arrange to have it moved every so often.
- Leave a key with a trusted neighbor in case of an emergency. Let the neighbor know where you are going and when you are expect to return, also leave them a way to get in contact with you in case of an emergency.
- Lock all windows and doors before you go. Do not forget to double-check basement and garage doors. By the way, have you used window decals? If not and it’s unfamiliar to you, read a blog about what you need to know about window decals at foamcoreprint.com>
- On extended trips have someone to maintain your landscaping, (grass mowed, leaves raked, etc.)
- Consider turning off your home’s water main to prevent damage from a burst pipe.
- Be careful how much you check-in on social media while on vacation. If your privacy settings are incorrect you might reveal to strangers your home is vacant!
Water damage is a serious issue homeowners face these days. If you or someone you know is dealing with water damage, then you should consider contacting a water damage repair specialist immediately. Don’t hire an amateur when it comes to water damage!
Be safe and have a blast…
Personal I work hard and play hard, so when it is vacation time… I’m there!