The devil is really in the details when buyers look at a home. Lots of everyday wear and tear that you don’t even notice can ding your home in the eyes of potential buyers. Here’s my list of ten simple improvements you can do to help your home sell faster:
- Spruce up your baseboards: Pets, kids, and stumbling husbands in the dark can make a mess of your baseboards. Repainting baseboards after repairing scratches with putty can make the border of any room look new.
- Fill in nail holes: Part of interior repainting should be careful attention to those errant nail holes from pictures, shelves, and other wall-mounted baubles. Putty, smooth, sand and paint! Try out your paint color before you buy at Fort Collins Painters | Noble Painting.
- Sniff for smokers: Filter replacement is a must if someone’s been puffing in your home. Also wash down those walls, prime them to seal in any cooked-in nicotine, and repaint. Be sure to check entryways and lawns for cigarette butts, too!
- Review the roof: Do you have missing singles? Broken tiles? Is mold and moss sprouting up there? Do some cleaning and spot replacing. Wondering who to contact? just look for roofing repair minneapolis and choose the best deal. Metal roofing service provides quality metal roof replacement & installation that can be tailored to meet every individual needs.
- Reinforce your gutters: Clean them out, dry them out, then caulk them to prevent leaks. This will keep water off the siding, reducing staining and damage. If you have mobility issues that prevent you from being able to clean your gutters yourself, call Maid2Match Adelaide, they will be happy to help.
- Replace bad vinyl floors: Not only are they tacky when they’re cracked or cut, but they can suggest water damage to buyers.
- Repair dripping faucets: Buyers will turn faucets on and off. What will they find? If your sinks and baths dribble, fix them before buyers imagine their future headache. Asking yourself what should you know when considering a new shower door? Well, find it out.
- Tune up screens: Did you have a dog that liked to lean against the front door? Look for the sagging, hanging, bent, and bubbling screens, especially around doors. New screens look clean. Old screens suggest neglect.
- Patch cabinet scratches: Tibet Almond Stick, Old English Scratch Cover, or even some artful re-staining can make cabinets seem new. Remember to polish them up when you’re done!
- Reseal wobbly toilets: If the bowl moves when you sit on it, the bolts are rusted, or the bathroom floor is damp and discolored around the commode, replace the toilet or at the very least reseal it (details at https://www.bathroomcity.co.uk/).
- Proper security: high tech systems for securing a perimeter is your perfect choice.
If you’re considering buying or selling soon, get in touch so we can talk about selling your home fast with my 1 day listing program or my 90 day guarantee.
Call me, Mike Cribbin at 314-954-6500 or drop me an email
Related article: Restoring a Water Damaged Property in Orlando.